Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Welcome

Hi, I'm Hanna, and I intend to write about the intersection of art and science in this blog.  I am in the process of developing an art practice, and also getting a graduate degree in ecohydrology/watershed management.  I am interested in the use of art as a way to communicate some of the more transcendent aspects of scientific thought and progress.  I do this mostly through mixed media 2-D works, but I have been known to write poems as well.  One of my big goals for the next 3 years is to develop a large scale collaborative art project that deals with rivers and how we see them geographically, socially, and spiritually.

To start things off, here is a link to my portfolio: http://hannacoy.otherpeoplespixels.com/home.html. It's a little out of date, but if you want to comment on anything there, I am happy to hear it.  I may also talk about useful research/information tools from time to time.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment